Living in the present





I haven't wrote much down over the past 2 months while enjoying time with family and friends across the midwest. It was a fun tour filled with love, laughter, and adventures. While I start to reflect on the past 2 months all I can think of is how lucky I am to be rich in friends! So cheers to you and thanks for the support, I hope we make more memories in the future. Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure :)


Biking on the Maah Daah Hey, 4-6 inches of fresh snow


XC skiing at Red Wing golf course


Lake Pepin, Mississippi River


XC skiing Tamarac National Wildlife Refurge, MN


Frosty trees, view from rockshop, MT


XC skiing Itasca State Park, MN

MDH

MDH

MDH


Tomorrow I fly to Maui for a 2 month backpacking adventure. I've never been in the tropics before and haven't backpacked since my centennial trail trip in June 2015. I'll be wwoofing for Liberty Vista farms in the Kula valley for 3 weeks, then plan to backpack Molokai, Kauai, and possible the big island. I've got a backpack, tent, sleeping bag and pad, hammock, rain gear, mosquito net, merino wool clothes, headlamp, phone, gps, kindle, book, journal, and few misc pieces.. Nothing compares to living the simple life surrounded by nature. If you want to see some pictures now visit the Maui Winery's website, the farm I'll be working at is 1 mile away. https://mauiwine.com/

My philosophy on life is ever changing and this trip will continue the enlightenment. Many people have asked me about the lessons i've learned since taking a new approach on life. There has been several and I hope to share those with you in subsequent blog posts, along with my journey across the Hawaiian islands.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one Wild and Precious life" ~Mary Oliver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alaska is beautiful, what else can I say

Vicarious Adventure Continues